Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sweets, Drinks, and Open Mics

After some great Italian food, at La Boca on Lincoln. I went to Nite Cap on Irving Park, Tuesday nights Open Mic, saw some great old timers playing up the blues..mostly covers and saw a real appreciation for music. The owner had some italian beef being served, had a full set of instruments availablee to just pick up n go', really liked the atmosphere and the age range of the area.
Tomorrow or during the weekend I am finalizing backup vocals for Single Helix, and very excited about this new song I will be working on. Nothing is better than finding musicians who work with you, and know exactly what sound/signature they are looking for. Communication is key in this part of the project, where you need to have the right players, but also the right mind set & emotion to put yourself and the creator's perspective and mold all that together to produce this sound. VERY difficult task.
I have faith things will come together and this album will be amazing for Single Helix.
                              SIDE NOTE: BB King is coming to Aurora, IL and I am deeply pissed off. First off, because there is no way I could afford the cost for the ticket, nor the trip up there, but its fucking BB King!
link to article: Chicago Reader: http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/birthmark-nate-kinsella-shaking-hands-album/Content?oid=3012865
Naissance Man - Birthmark- This article was amazing, reading what this guy has been doing and the background of his newest album is just plain exciting. Enriching would be a better word: I am most definitely making a plan to visit the Hideout in order to meet & experience this guys stuff & his band of wife and friends. At 30 yrs old learning about theory & sight-reading where 5 yrs younger I am in the same boat and he has created this awesome stuff - its just a great feeling seeing like-minded musicians.
As for me, I am being harassed left and right to creating something. I am working on my first "dance" "techno" song. It is going to have a India vocalizing technique with some hooks and tribal beats and wanting some samples. I'm excited to jump in and try this, it is definitely out of my comfort zone and I am really wanting to use what I've been learning in school to develop my songwriting and my own true voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment